Sales Development Representative
Sales Development Representative (HQ in Spring Branch, TX)
ECS Learning Systems, www.ecslearn.com (Asteria Learning, Inc.), was founded in 2020 and is headquartered in Spring Branch, Texas (just north of San Antonio, TX). Our mission is to help educators overcome the COVID Learning Loss now faced by students. We are a startup with over 40 years of experience helping students meet and exceed expectations and demonstrate measurable learning gains. ECS Learning Systems, Inc., was founded in 1983 and acquired by Asteria Learning in 2020. The company produces high-quality print and digital supplementary educational materials, as well as professional development and personalized instructional services. ECS is a leader in innovative personalized learning solutions in the state of Texas as well as other states. Today we help over seven hundred thousand students annually through our offerings under the brand STAAR MASTER®. We are expanding to become a national leader in education technology, so now is the time to join our vibrant and expanding company.
- We are Problem Solvers
- We are Proactive
- We are Adaptable
- We incorporate Perspective
- We are Purposeful
The Sales Development Representative is a unique role allowing you to wear numerous hats and apply critical thinking, marketing, and communication skills daily. As a Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for prospecting and developing business via outbound calls to small- to medium-sized districts that are potential customers or current customers. You will also be tasked with acquiring sales from small- to medium-sized districts through fact finding, qualifying, and engaging in conversations with decision makers. This role will primarily consist of finding new deals by researching potential clients, establishing new leads, managing Salesforce and similar prospecting and automation tools, executing early-stage sales processes, closing business in small- to medium-sized districts, and reporting on, and improving our outreach processes. This role requires a person who enjoys the challenge of seeking out new clients whose needs match our products and services.
Responsibilities for this Position:
- Find and Close New Business
- Qualify and develop leads from marketing campaigns to create sales opportunities timelines, deliverables, and outlined strategy for assigned workstreams
- Contact potential clients through cold calls, emails, social marketing
- Present our Company to potential clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between prospective clients and Account Executives
- Report to the Vice President of Sales weekly/monthly/quarterly sales results
- Stay up to date with new products/services and new pricing
- Close and grow business in assigned territory to include small- to medium-sized districts
- 3-5 years of experience in Inside Sales with a history of exceeding lead target, and/or a combination of the above-listed responsibilities (Required)
- Strong communication skills via phone and email
- Proven creative problem-solving approach and strong analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred)
- Proficiency with SalesForce
- Prior experience as a sales development representative with a track record of achieving sales quota.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite (Excel and Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively individually and with a team
- Experience in the Education Industry preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000, depending on experience level
- Commissions Eligible – up to $20,000 annually
- Full-time exempt position with health benefits, 401k match, and PTO, etc.
- Flexible in-person & remote work environment
- Well-rounded business experience with small, yet thriving company
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
Working remotely, only in office one day a week, social distancing for unvaccinated employees.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Education Industry: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location
No telephone calls please.