ELA / SLA Curriculum Reviewer
ECS Learning Systems, ecslearn.com (Asteria Education, Inc.) was founded in 2017 and is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. We are a startup with over 40 years of experience helping students meet and exceed expectations on high-stakes, standardized tests. The company made two platform acquisitions, ECS Learning Systems, Inc. (founded in 1982), and PrepWorks LLC prepworks.com (founded in 2007). The company produces high-quality print and award-winning digital supplementary educational materials. ECS is a leader in innovative blended learning solutions in the state of Texas as well as other states. Today we help over seven hundred thousand students annually through our offerings under the brands: STAAR MASTER®, PREPWORKS® and TEST SMART®. We are expanding to become a national leader in education technology.
Our Core Values:
- Problem Solvers
- Continuous Learners
Position: English Language Arts (ELA) / Spanish Language Arts (SLA) Curriculum Reviewer
Department: Product Development
Location: This job is open to people residing in Texas both on-site and remote. On-site opportunities available in San Antonio / Spring Branch, TX.
Employment Type: Contractor
- Comprehensively review an entire set of ELA (English Language Arts) and/or SLA (Spanish Language Arts) curriculum
- Complete a review rubric indicating which criteria are met or not met
- Annotate the content with edits necessary to make the content in compliance with the criteria
- Review the content for alignment against standards
- Review the content for age-appropriateness
- Cross-check teacher materials and student materials to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Please note: we are looking for applicants that are currently certified and active teachers in Texas (who are seeking extra contract-based work) and we are also seeking applicants that are non-teachers.
- Experience as a curriculum developer or instructional designer
- Experience as a copy editor or proofer
- Current or previous classroom instruction experience in ELA is preferred
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Knowledge of human growth and development
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, and assessment items
- Familiarity with educational standards and standards-based instruction
- Familiarity with Microsoft Suite (Excel and Word)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively individually and with a team
Compensation and Hours:
- This is a contractor position which will include compensation based on deliverables.
- Deliverable pricing is estimated based on expected compensation rate of $15-25 per hour, depending on experience.
- The expected number of hours per week ranges from 20-40+.
- The expected project length is 3-12 months.
How to apply:
- Submit a resume and cover letter.
- Highlight your experience with classroom instruction, standards alignment, standards-basedinstruction, curriculum development, instructional design, and/or copy editing.
No telephone calls please.